By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Hawaii man says he's devastated about sending missile alert
Placeholder Image
HONOLULU (AP) — A former Hawaii state worker who sent a false missile alert last month said Friday he's devastated about causing panic but was "100 percent sure" at the time that the attack was real. The man in his 50s spoke to reporters on the condition that he not be identified because he fears for his safety after receiving threats. He says an on-duty call that came in on Jan. 13 didn't sound like a drill.

Log In To Read

Subscribe to access more great content!