Want to make memories this fall with family and friends? Then pay a visit to Morrison Acres, an agritourism farm located on 1075 Pocahontas Rd. in the Jacksboro area.
One of the most notable attractions is its 7-acre corn maze. New this year is an acre maze or Kid Maze, which is perfect for the little ones. On Halloween night, the maze will transform for those who enjoy a little scare.
“We will be working with the WCMS dance team on Halloween night to offer a haunted corn maze from 7 to 11 p.m.,” said owner Isaiah Banegas. “The money from that night will go toward the dance team.”
As for pumpkin pickin’, Morrison Acres offers a hayride to its 4-acre patch. There, you can choose from a variety of pumpkins which are grown on their farm. The cost is $4 for a large pumpkin and $2 for small one.
Here’s a look at other available attractions:
• Miniature golf – New this year is a nine-hole golf course.
• Bounce pillow – This 70-foot bounce pillow is a hit with all ages.
• Barrel trains – Kids can go for a fun ride around the farm in a barrel pulled by a four-wheeler.
• Petting zoo – These animals reside in Morrison Acres year round, including goats, sheep, chickens and a cow with a special spot.
• Playground – This includes 20-foot culvert slides, zipline, swings and more.
Morrison Acres corn maze and pumpkin patch will continue until Nov. 2. Hours of operation are Monday through Thursday by reservation, Fridays from 4 to 9 p.m., Saturdays from noon to 9 p.m., and Sundays from 4 to 9 p.m.
Prices are $10 ages 4 and up, while ages 3 and under are free. Veterans may get in for free with valid ID. Group rates are offered upon asking for groups 10 or larger. Cash and cards are accepted forms of payment. However, personal checks are not accepted.
“We are family owned and operated and we’re constantly adding new things, so if you came last year, it will be different,” said Banegas. “Also, Morrison Acres is handicap accessible.”
For more information, call 931-287-4942 or visit morrisonacres.com.