The Warren County A&L Fair begins Friday, Sept. 10. Get the thrills started with a copy of the fair book.
“Yes, the wait is over. The fair books are finally out,” said Regan Kelsey, Fair Board president. “These books are the most sought after item of the year. People always want to know when they are out and where they can get one.”
This year’s book has a tribute to former fair president Kenneth Medlen.
“A dedicated fair volunteer and beloved president of the Warren County A&L Fair Board, Kenneth passed away suddenly in November of 2019. The Warren County A&L Fair honors Kenneth’s memory and his decades of selfless service to our community.”
Included with the book is a note from Kelsey
“Since 1954, the Warren County A&L Fair has been produced to showcase everything that is great about Warren County. Even thought our primary focus is on agriculture and livestock, we have grown into so much more."
Becoming the third largest county fair in the state did not happen overnight. Years of planning, persistence, dedication and hard work by board members and volunteers, going back to 1954, is making this great event possible now.
Copies of the fair book are being distributed to local banks, Co-Op, the Extension Office, and Southern Standard.
The carnival schedule is:
• Sept. 13 — Hand stamp $20, 6 p.m. until close
• Sept. 14 — Tickets only, 6 p.m. until close
• Sept. 15 — Hand stamp 2 for $25, 6 p.m. until close
• Sept. 16 — 2 for 1 special, 6 p.m. until close
• Sept. 17 — Kids Day $20 hand stamp, 10-5 p.m. Tickets only 6 p.m. until close.
• Sept. 18 — Hand stamp $20, 1-4 p.m. Tickets only, 5 p.m. until close