By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Drive-by shooter to serve 4 months
Couillard-Roman-PatrickWEB
Roman P. Couillard was denied a judicial diversion by Circuit Court Judge Bart Stanley when he appeared for sentencing.

A man who committed a drive-by shooting just days after watching his own brother shot to death in a parking lot has been sentenced to four months in jail.
The man, Roman P. Couillard, was denied a judicial diversion by Circuit Court Judge Bart Stanley when he appeared for sentencing. A diversion would have allowed him to have his criminal record erased once his probationary time is complete. Instead, Couillard will spend three months on probation after he completes his time behind bars. He was also instructed to perform 40 hours public service work and must forfeit his weapon.
Couillard’s sentence comes for firing a gun in the direction of a home on Old Beersheba Road last year following a dispute with the man who lived there. The victim said he was standing outside his home when shots rang out. The man said he saw Couillard in the vehicle from where the shots were fired, identifying him by tattoos on his arm. The victim was not injured.
The drive-by shooting happened shortly after Couillard’s brother was killed in a shooting outside Arms Apartments. His brother, Junior Soto, 28, was fatally wounded Sept. 4 by Herbert Conley, 51, during a confrontation in the parking lot. Conley was never tried for the shooting as the grand jury found it was committed in self-defense.
Couillard was arrested the night of his brother’s shooting for not obeying police orders when they told him to leave the area while they investigated the shooting. His plea bargain includes not only the charge of aggravated assault for the drive-by, but also disorderly conduct for the incident at Arms Apartments.