My name is Sue Anderson. I would appreciate your vote for re-election for District 5 (Centertown, Viola and Morrison) School Board.
I have served on the School Board since 2018 and presently serve as vice chair. I am a life-long resident of the Morrison community where I have been involved with the Morrison Ruritan for over 30 years. I began serving as an alderman in Morrison many years ago. I presently serve as the Mayor of Morrison. I am a member of Morrison United Methodist Church and serve on two boards for the church. I help raise money for Relay for Life and March of Dimes. As a life-long resident of this area, and with my many years of service to the community, I feel that I have the best interests of these three communities and their people at heart. I will do my very best to continue to serve and represent my district to the best of my ability.
Since my time serving on the School Board we:
• hired a new Director of Schools. Dr. Grant Swallows was hired right before the pandemic started. He has faced some tough decisions. I feel he is doing a great job.
• received ESSER money making it possible to remodel and add on to several schools.
• were able to feed all children in Warren County even during the coronavirus pandemic by running buses and vans to deliver food to their homes.
• improved the schools by adding more safety features such as doors locking behind anyone exiting the school and adding holding areas to all schools meaning visitors must ring a bell to be let inside.
• added School Resource Officers (SROs) to every school.
• voted to give all school personnel increases in pay.
• gave all teachers a bonus.
• absorbed any possible increase in the cost of medical insurance so personnel would not have to pay more out of their pocket.
All of this was accomplished without costing the taxpayers any money at all.
Our teachers are the very best. I will always strive to support them and be there if they need my assistance. Anyone is welcome to call me anytime whether in my district or another district. I will try to answer any question posed to me or will ask Dr. Swallows if I do not know the answer.
I feel that I am the best choice for School Board because of my knowledge of the budget and my leadership to bring a community approach to the board. I have a good working relationship with the School Board and I would appreciate your vote.