Five people were handed sentence on drug charges by Judge Bart Stanley in Circuit Court, all but one involving methamphetamine. Included in drug sentencing:
• James Paul Bailey was ordered to serve 270 days of a 10-year sentence, pay $2,000 plus costs and perform 80 hours public service work for possession of meth.
• Troy Lee Perkins was instructed to serve 160 days of a four-year sentence and pay $2,000 plus costs for promoting the manufacture of meth and simple possession of marijuana.
• Billy Carter II was instructed to serve 60 days of a three-year sentence, pay $2,000 plus costs, perform 24 hours public service work and undergo a drug and alcohol assessment for promoting the manufacture of meth.
• Darrell Felson Hobbs was given an 11-month, 29-day sentence to serve and must pay $1,000 plus costs for possession of meth. He was also directed to serve the balance of his other sentences for violating his probation for theft and DUI.
• Rhonda Lee Martin was directed to serve 90 days of a two-year sentence and pay $2,000 plus costs for delivery of drugs.