By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
WCMS soccer claims championship
Brayden Chisam throws the ball onto the field of play during action earlier this season. Chisam and the Pioneers clinched the CTC tournament championship Saturday as they defeated Harris Middle, 3-1, winning their fourth title in a row.

The WCMS soccer team played Harris Middle in the CTC championship game, hoping to capture the title for the fourth year in a row.
In what’s becoming a dynasty, the Pioneers were successful with a 3-1 victory to make it a four-peat.
The Pioneers played Harris earlier in the season, a game which ended in a 0-0 tie. This time, WCMS established second-half control to overcome a halftime deficit and pull away.
 “It has been a great year and I look forward to lots more from these boys.” WCMS coach Matt Jackson said.
The Pioneers were having trouble getting the ball to their forwards at the beginning of the game. The Eagles were being very careful defensively and were really quick so the Pioneers couldn’t get the same kind of breakaways they had against Tullahoma.
Warren County didn’t get anything going in the first half, making the score 1-0 Shelbyville at halftime.
The Eagles seemed to be getting tired and their best player cramped up and left the game. In the second half, the Pioneers kept going full speed. 
F.D. de Santiago found some space and hit a low shot just inside the goal post, 1-1. The Eagles goalkeeper hit his head on the post and left with concussion-like symptoms and that was the turning point in the game for the Pioneers. 
With a backup keeper and missing their best field player, the Pioneers started controlling the game. The Pioneers were able to find more space and take shots. With 10 minutes to go, Santiago found the net again and the Pioneers were finally in the lead, 2-1. 
In the final minutes, the Eagles were trying to get a goal to tie the game and go into overtime. 
The Pioneer defense stepped up and stopped the Eagles and then we were able to get a third goal from Edgar Lopez, 3-1 and that sealed the deal. Soon after the goal, the whistle blew and the Pioneers were champs for the fourth year in a row.