Get a pair of scissors and prepare to cut out one of the hottest tickets in town. The Main Street Live summer concert series has been finalized
Main Street McMinnville announced Friday the complete lineup for the 2011 concert series:
• June 10 — Rubber Soul, a Beatles tribute theme
• June 17 — Utopia, a rhythm and blues theme
• June 24 — Freefall, a Southern blues rock theme
• July 1 — The Heartbreakers, a Buddy Holly tribute theme
• July 8 — Four on the Floor, a beach party theme
• July 15 — Pink Cadillac, a ’60s theme
• July 22 — Thunder Creek, a ’70s theme
• July 29 — Cody McCarver Band, a country theme
Main Street McMinnville executive director Carla King says the organization tries to offer something for everyone in the lineup, as well as something new each summer.
However, there is one noticeable exception.
“We weren’t able to get a gospel band this year,” said King. “Getting bands depends on their availability and our finances. We do have other bands that will touch on some gospel music.”
As always, the Southern Standard will feature weekly information on the bands, including band members and selected music to be played, prior to their taking the stage on Friday nights.
Bands begin entertaining at 7 p.m. on the West Lawn of Security Federal downtown. Food and beverage vendors open at 6 p.m. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Smoking is not allowed in the crowd. Admission is free.
Main Street Live is a production of Main Street McMinnville. The events are free thanks to sponsorship by Dr Pepper, River Park Hospital, the Law Offices of Galligan and Newman, BLTV, Peg Broadcasting and the Southern Standard, your source for local news.