Warren County residents who make the trip to Manchester to eat lost a popular dining option on Thursday.
J&J Restaurant on Murfreesboro Highway was destroyed when it caught fire and burned Thursday afternoon.
Manchester Fire Department personnel responded to the restaurant at approximately 12:30 p.m. Thursday in what was originally paged as a grease fire. The fire quickly spread throughout the building, according to the Manchester Times.
Restaurant workers were alerted to the fire by a customer. Several of the workers said they noticed a smell, but thought it was food burning.
Employees and customers were quickly evacuated and no injuries were reported. The Manchester Fire Department has classified the building as a complete loss.