The Southern Standard received more than 60 entries in two competitions with free ride tickets at the fair up for grabs courtesy of Kissel Entertainment.
Folks were given two ways to win with trivia and photo contests. Eliminating several of the written submissions from consideration was the question: “Who was the first president of the Fair Board?”
Per the fair book, which held all the answers, the Fair Board has had eight presidents since it was organized in 1954: Clifford McClain, Bernard Henegar, Phillip Grandey, Tom Woods, Wilson Womack, Steve Grandey, Kevin Lawrence, and current president Kenneth Medlen.
Rounding out the remaining answers:
• Which country music performer will take the grandstands after Faith Jackson? Pam Tillis
• On Monday, Sept. 10 rides open at what time? 6 p.m.
• Who was the 2017 Fairest of the Fair? Haile West Adams
• What day/time is the karaoke competition? Friday, Sept. 14 at 6:30 p.m.
• Carnival attractions are brought to you by? Kissel Entertainment
• What does the A&L stand for? Agricultural and Livestock
• How many years has the fair been offered? 2017 was the 64th year, but 65 was acceptable
The Warren County A&L Fair has been offered 64 years. However, this year will be its 65th year. Either answer was acceptable for the final question since technically the 65th year doesn’t begin until Friday.
Winners of the trivia contest are Danny Matheny and Caitlyn Jarrell. Winners of the photo contest are Shannon Wiser and Tara Austin.