• This weekend is the last chance for Cedar Grove Fire Department’s Haunted Trail on Oct. 27-28, from dark until 11 p.m. Offered at 1876 Bone Cave Mountain Road at Miller’s Farm in Rock Island. To get there, take Highway 70S toward Sparta. Turn right at The Landing Shell Station, then follow the signs. Admission is $5 per person.
• Halloween in the Park at Viola Town Square is Saturday, Oct. 28, at 6 p.m. It’s a free evening of fun for trick-or-treaters with candy, cookies, desserts, drinks, hayrides, hot dogs, hot cider and a children’s costume contest.
• Smooth Rapids Outfitters is having a costume contest, haunted trail and live music Saturday, Oct. 28, beginning at 7 p.m. at 245 Durham Street. Cost is $12.
• Scream on the Green is Saturday, Oct. 28 from 6 to 8 p.m. There will be a free showing of “Monsters Inc.” on The Lot. Organized by Main Street McMinnville and Redemption Center, there will be free popcorn and drinks. Bring a blanket and enjoy the G-rated movie.
• Downtown Trick or Treat on Main Street will be offered from 2 to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31. Participating businesses will have a pumpkin sign in their storefronts, and Citizens Tri-County Bank will hold a costume contest at 3:30 p.m. for children.
• McMinnville Civic Center Trail of Treats is from 5 to 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31. More than 30 vendors will be offering free treats to children as they make their way around the trail and parking lot. A human costume contest and a dog costume contest will be offered.
McMinnville Police Department will be enforcing its 9 p.m. curfew on Tuesday, Oct. 31. Any underage person found off their property within the city limits, who is not coming or going from a location such as a job, church or school function, can be cited into juvenile court. The juvenile is exempt if they are in the company of a parent or adult guardian.