By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Josh Baker to leave city
Placeholder Image

McMinnville Planning and Zoning supervisor Josh Baker is moving on to bigger, better, and somewhat frozen things.
“With the growth and continued community support for Topz frozen yogurt, I have decided to leave my position with the city of McMinnville and devote my efforts to making Topz a staple of both McMinnville’s downtown and Warren County,” said Baker.
Baker is co-owner of the Main Street business. His date of departure from the city has not been set.
“I’m going to help the city find a replacement,” he said. “I don’t know exactly what my last day as supervisor will be. Then, I’ll work here part time, as long as they need me.”
For individuals thinking they have what it takes to be the city’s next Planning and Zoning supervisor, the required knowledge and abilities list contains 22 items and includes:
• Knowledge of the city of McMinnville building, zoning, fire safety, yard sales, sign and housing codes
• Knowledge of the basics of the building trades, sanitary systems, fire systems, mechanical and electrical
• Knowledge of the rules and procedures in obtaining warrants and presenting cases for trial
• Knowledge of planning and design theory and methodology as well as the principles of land use, development and planning
• Knowledge of how to keep up to date on current improvements and developments in the field of community planning
• Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems
• Knowledge of ARC/info, ARC/view, and AutoCAD
The minimum training and experience required to perform essential job functions includes a bachelor degree in architecture, GIS, planning or a related degree supplemented by course work and experience in the building or planning trades or five years of credible work experience, as well as five years of increasingly responsible experience in GIS planning or building inspections of which some experience must have been in a supervisor or consultative capacity, among other requirements.
How to apply can be found on the city’s website at