By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support local journalism.
Carbon monoxide suspected in death of couple
Placeholder Image

 

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — Chattanooga Police believe a generator being used in a garage was the cause of a couple's deaths.

The victims' names weren't immediately released, but a police news release described them as elderly.

The couple were found dead Saturday afternoon when their daughter came to their home to check on them. Police say the couple had been using a portable generator to power their home after being without electricity.

Sgt. Jerri Weary said a high level of carbon monoxide was found throughout the home.

A medical examiner will determine the specific cause of death.