Main Street McMinnville celebrated a year of achievement by honoring businesses and individuals who made significant contributions to the preservation and development of the community. The event was held at Magness Library.
Randy Garrison, president of Main Street McMinnville, spoke about the advances the organization has made this year, both internally and as an agent for preservation and positive change in Historic Downtown McMinnville.
“I am very proud of our members,” said Garrison. “They come from all walks of life, with one goal in common. They love their downtown and the history and memories that are here. They know Main Street McMinnville is an organization dedicated to the preservation of our rich cultural heritage.”
The following awards were then presented by Garrison and Main Street McMinnville board member Jimmy Haley:
• Community Spirit Award — Doug Milner for continued financial support of Main Street McMinnville and philanthropic endeavors involving downtown revitalization.
• Major Sponsor Award — Ben Lomand Communications, Dr Pepper Bottling Company, Law Office of Galligan and Newman, McMinnville Electric, Middle Tennessee Natural Gas, Peg Broadcasting, River Park Hospital, Security Federal Savings Bank, Southern Standard and WCPI Radio for continued support of the Main Street Live summer concert series.
• Renovation of a Downtown Landmark Award — Scott Wilson.
• Downtown Entrepreneurship and Economic Revitalization Award — Scott Garing.
• Partnership Award — Warren County Chamber of Commerce and the city of McMinnville for continued support of Main Street McMinnville projects.
• Downtown Business Longevity Award — Hoover & Son Insurance (est. 1901), Hargrove Office Supply (est. 1950), Diamond Jewelry (est. 1960).
• Volunteer of the Decade Award — Rachel Killebrew for over 10 years of exemplary service and dedication.
• Volunteer Award — Mike Baus, as well as Mick Ofield, for outstanding service to downtown revitalization.
If you are interested in becoming a Main Street McMinnville member or volunteer or would like more information about the organization, call 506-5335, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the website at www.mainstreetmcminnville.org.