It’s hard to believe it’s been nearly a decade since Ross asked me to marry him. That time in our lives was short and sweet with a quick engagement and marriage (all 100 percent intentional). It’s such a fun time to look back on because we shocked everybody by our somewhat unconventional way of doing things. (I wasn’t about to drag it out!)
After these past seven years, I’ve enjoyed getting to know Ross even more each day and being a part of our evolving relationship. After all, I’m no longer 21 years old and we’ve both changed a bit since then.
Inspired by Q&A posts on Facebook that I’ve seen, I’ve decided to open up a little more to y’all about Ross and myself. So, have fun reading and learning more about us!
My Favorite Foods
1. "Big As Yo' Face" chicken burrito topped in creamy jalapeno at Chuy’s
2. Grandma’s homemade potato soup and cornbread
3. A slice of lasagna pizza from Patzeria in N.Y.
Ross’ Favorite Foods
1. “Tuck’s Special” from Edley’s Bar-B-Que
2. Mom’s sausage casserole with crescent rolls and cream cheese
3. Potato salad from Collin’s BQQ
My 3 Favorite Movies
1. "Ever After"
2. "The Holiday"
3. "The Mummy" (1999)
Ross’ 3 Favorite Movies
1. "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince "
2. "Catch Me If You Can"
3. "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps"
My 3 Favorite Quotes
1. “Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.”
– Jesus Christ
2. “The great thing to remember is that though our feelings come and go God’s love for us does not.”
– C.S. Lewis
3. “Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”
– J.K. Rowling (from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
Ross’ 3 Favorite Quotes
1. “The most dangerous phrase in the language is ‘We’ve always done it this way.’”
– Grace Hopper
2. “You become like what you worship.”
– N.T. Wright
3. “The irony is that God doesn’t need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don’t really want Him most of the time.”
– Francis Chan
Random Fact About Me
I have an irrational fear about hard-shelled insects and force Ross to terminate them immediately.
Random Fact About Ross
I enjoy a brand new pair of basketball sneakers – preferably Retro Jordan 1.
I still enjoy quizzing Ross from time to time about random things, especially during long car rides. I’ve discovered there’s always something new to learn about your loved ones. Just ask.
Standard reporter Lacy Garrison can be reached at 473-2191.