By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Mansfield to compete for national title
LaurenPreteen-TennesseeWEB
Amber Hertwig Photography: Lauren Mansfield is representing Tennessee as Miss Preteen Tennessee as Americas National Teenager Scholarship Organization holds their pageants in Atlanta this week. The final competition will be Sunday following preliminaries on Saturday. She is the 11-year-old daughter of Mike and Brandie Mansfield.

A hectic week is underway for Miss Preteen Tennessee Lauren Mansfield as America’s National Teenager Scholarship Organization holds its 46th annual event in Atlanta.
Mansfield and her fellow contestants start the orientation process today, with rehearsals on Thursday. The first phase of the competition begins Friday morning with the private interviews with judges, which makes up 30 percent of the competition score. Academic achievement, school/community involvement, evening gown, personal expression and public speaking are all factored into the remaining 70 percent.
The pageant is held on the Georgia Tech campus on Saturday for the preliminary portion with the finals held on Sunday, both starting at 8 p.m. Contestants are treated to fun events at the Atlanta Aquarium, a visit to the famous Varsity Drive-in, and an Atlanta Braves game. 
“I’m very excited and ready to go,” said Mansfield. “It’s been an intensive process preparing for the competition, but now I just want it to get started.”
The 11-year-old is not new to the pageant process, but this is her first endeavor on the national level and she will be competing with girls from across the nation.
The active sixth-grader has chosen literacy as her pageant platform in an effort to share her passion for reading with people of all ages and abilities. She held a book drive recently and donated hundreds of books to deserving organizations, served as a guest reader and mentor to various groups of students, and promoted her platform by speaking at both Noon Exchange and Breakfast Rotary organizations.
“It’s very humbling to be able to represent your state, but even more to represent my hometown,” said Mansfield. “I will do my best to make my state and county proud.”
Mansfield attends Centertown Elementary, and her parents are Mike and Brandie Mansfield.