NEW YORK (AP) — The television series "Nashville" is getting a second life.
The country-oriented CMT network said Friday it will make a fifth season of the music-oriented drama, which had been canceled less than a month ago by ABC.
CMT has ordered 22 new episodes of the show, which corresponds to a typical broadcast television season. CMT would not say when it will begin airing "Nashville."
There was also no word Friday on how many of the show's regular cast members will return. The show will have new producers, with "Thirtysomething" creators Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz taking over.
The show will receive a combined $11 million incentive, according to a joint statement from the state of Tennessee, the city of Nashville, the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp. and Nashville-based producer Ryman Hospitality. The bulk of that, $8.5 million, comes from the state's film program. The city, subject to Metro Council approval, and the Convention and Visitors Corp. will give $1 million each. Ryman is contributing $500,000.
CMT president Brian Philips said the love fans unleased for the show upon hearing it was leaving had been overwhelming.