Junior Auxiliary of McMinnville is gearing up for a fun-filled night for Christmas in the Park. The celebration will be held Dec. 3 from 6-8 p.m.
“We are so honored to have had the opportunity to bring Christmas in the Park to our community for the past 28 years,” said Junior Auxiliary member Paige Chastain.
Businesses participating include the following:
• Pioneer Pediatrics will offer pictures with Santa
• OM Yoga will have a demonstration and give out candy
• Regions Bank will have the Cider House in its lobby
• Galligan & Newman and Homeland Bank will each be sponsoring a bounce house
• Magness Library will be doing a reading of “A Christmas Story” beginning every 15 minutes, approximately.
Three more businesses are on board with the event, but their contribution has yet to be determined.
“Juicy’s, First National Bank, and Ross & Company are also participating, but they are uncertain as to what they are going to do at this time,” said Chastain.
Entertainment during the evening will be offered by:
• Girl Scout Troop 717 with the “Pledge of Allegiance”
• Paula’s Dance Academy
• Emily Pennington with song
• Star Gymnastics
• Mormon Primary Choir
• Covenant Fellowship Church with a live nativity scene
Attorney Ryan J. Moore has volunteered to emcee and ensure things are flowing smoothly, says Chastain.