A man has been sentenced to a month in jail for carrying a pair of brass knuckles.
The man, Michael Moore, entered guilty pleas Tuesday before General Sessions Judge Bill Locke to charges of possession of a weapon and violation of probation. He was ordered to serve 30 days of an 11-month, 29-day sentence on the weapons charge. His time for violation of probation will be added on top of his weapons time. He was also required to forfeit his brass knuckles.
The charges come after Moore was arrested. During a search of his person the illegal weapon was found. Officers say the brass knuckles had spikes sticking out of the metal to make them even more lethal.
In other cases heard during General Sessions arraignment Tuesday morning:
• William Harris was handed an 11-29 probationary sentence, ordered to perform 25 hours public service work, and make $214 restitution for theft.
• Andrea Jones was issued an 11-29 probationary sentence and must make $400 restitution for theft.
• David Rogers was issued an 11-29 probationary sentence and must pay $250 plus costs for possession of drugs.
• Esmealda Estrada was issued an 11-29 probationary sentence and must make restitution, perform 25 hours public service work, and stay out of Walmart for shoplifting.
• Shayne Neilson was granted an 11-29 judicial diversion and must perform 25 hours public service work and was warned to stay out of Walmart for shoplifting.
• Eduardo Hernandez must pay $10 plus costs for leaving the scene of an accident.
• David Hobbs and Stephen Patterson must pay $10 plus costs for public intoxication.
• Charles Crawford must serve five days and have his probation extended by six months for violation of probation.
• Robin Morton must serve 30 days and have probation extended by six months for violation of probation.
• Michael Hallum must serve 48 hours and undergo an alcohol and drug assessment for violation of probation.
• Leonard Kincer must serve the balance of his sentence for violation of probation.
• James Copley must serve 90 days for violation of probation.