Scant cases have been heard over the past week as special judges have been filling in for General Sessions Judge Larry Ross in both criminal and traffic courts.
Included in limited action heard the past week by special judges Barry Medley and Hilton Conger:
• Malachi Branch was given an 11-month, 29-day probationary sentence and must attend conflict management classes for assault.
• Zackery Steele was given a six-month probationary sentence and must pay $1,103 and perform 16 hours public service work for simple possession of marijuana.
• Debra Merritt was ordered to serve 30 days of an 11-month, 29-day sentence and pay $50 plus costs for third-offense driving on a revoked license.
• Bufford Floyd was instructed to serve 48 hours and pay $10 plus costs for driving without a license.
• James Cook was issued a six-month probationary sentence and must pay $10 plus costs for passing a worthless check for $58.
• Harold Walenbarger was issued a six-month probationary sentence and must pay $10 plus costs for disorderly conduct.
• Kimberly Jarratt was ordered to serve 60 days and have her probation extended by six months for violation of probation.
• Jose Romero must pay $152 for driving without a driver license.
• Cesar Hernandez must pay $172 for driving without a license.
• Debra Hill who lives on Belk Road in Rock Island is not the same person convicted for passing worthless checks.