By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Nunleys home burns two weeks after losing daughter
Placeholder Image
A local woman almost lost everything Sunday when a fire erupted in her home. The blaze originated in the bedroom and smoke quickly filled the house.Eddie Jo Nunley was preparing to take a nap at around 2 p.m. Sunday afternoon when she entered her bedroom and found the blaze.“She went into the bedroom and flames were in the corner of the room,” said Cindy Phifer, Nunley’s daughter-in-law. “She tried to put the fire out by pouring buckets of water on it from the sink.