By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Mud Bums damaged by Friday fire
Mud Bums on fire
A McMinnville firefighter uses an ax to gain access to a fire inside the back wall at Mud Bums on Friday night. - photo by James Clark
Wiring is said to be the cause of a Friday night fire inside a restaurant at Northgate Center that erupted in flames just as employees were preparing for the dinner rush.McMinnville firefighters responded to the blaze around 6 p.m. Friday at Mud Bums, a new sports grill. Wiring inside the back wall is what sparked the blaze. Firefighters used an ax and a saw to rip open the wall and gain access to the flames.Fire damage was confined mainly to the kitchen area around the back wall.