MONCTON, New Brunswick (AP) — Canadian police say the man suspected of killing three officers in the east coast city of Moncton has been spotted three times but has so far eluded a massive manhunt.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Commander Marlene Snowman said the suspect was spotted in different places around Moncton. The latest was after daylight Thursday morning.
Heavily armed Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers are combing streets and woods in search of 24-year-old Justin Bourque, who was wearing military camouflage and carrying two rifles in a picture released by police on Twitter. Schools and government offices were closed, and the city pulled its buses off the roads. Mail delivery was suspended.
Police commandeered armored trucks and told residents in the normally tranquil city to stay indoors.