It’s time for a relaxing stroll along Main Street. Enjoy live music, artisans and caterers as Sip and Saveur: Tasting and Art Showcase returns this Saturday, Sept. 25, from 6 to 9 p.m.
“We are very excited about the artist list which includes some previously featured event-favorite artists, and some who are new to the event in a variety of artistic media from wearable art to pit-fired clay, authors, illustrators, and painters works,” said Ashley Roberts, Junior Auxiliary of McMinnville member.
Tickets are $35 in advance, and $40 the night of, and can be purchased at Security Federal on Main Street and The Red Barry Salon. They can also be purchased at paypal.me/jamcminnville and Venmo (search for email@example.com). Tickets purchased online will be available to pick up the night of the event at will call.
Sip and Saveur is an adult-only event. After signing in and presenting photo ID as proof of age, stroll to participating businesses enjoying the sights, sounds and tastes provided at them.
• 1810 Title Escrow: watercolor and acrylic by Erika Roberts.
• Ryan J. Moore & McCay Wealth Advisory: fine art prints by Erika Roberts.
• Lemon Boutique & Linen and Grace Boutique: unique clothing and other merchandise.
• Wink Skincare: acrylic and oil paintings by Steve Jones, Anime and Japanese artwork by Kat Hackler, and photography turned into art by Sandy Reagan.
• Evelyn Taylor: live music.
• Magness Library: acrylics by Ramona Mathis and photography by Jay Walker and Black History Museum of Warren County. Also artist Lanae Hodge.
• First National Bank: author Caleb Asmel.
• Begonias: beer steins with Chad McGee.
• Kimmi’s Tea Room: author Duane Sherrill.
• The Vanilla Bean Baking Company: jewelry by Brandie Mansfield.
• Citizens Tri-County Bank: pen and ink illustrations by Angie Lilienthal.
• Southern Traditions: original artwork by Flora Lequin, Melody Crim.
• City Hall: Warren County High School art sponsored by Rachel McGee.
• Panther Creek: watercolor landscapes by Jonathan Myers.
• Stanley & Bratcher: Peggy Bratcher and Treena Stanley.
• Topz: embroidery by Mary Wanamaker.
• Cumberland Biscuit Company: author Tara Cowan.
• Collins River BBQ: wooden pallet paintings by Tara Austin.
• Doodle Fish: mixed media by Stephanie Fish.
• Hoover & Sons: landscape artist by Trey Kirby.
• Heritage Alliance and Museum: water station.
• Renewed Creations: boutique merchandise.
The evening’s musicians: McVey Trio from 6 to 8 p.m. at the fountain; Assisted Living from 7:30 to 9 p.m. at Evelyn Taylor, Gene Maxwell, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Evelyn Taylor.
Junior Auxiliary of McMinnville is a community service organization. Funds raised during the event will be used to provide free events in the community to children and families such as Hopping into Health, Christmas in the Park, Coats for the Community, and more.
According to Roberts, a portion of funds from artists’ works sold throughout the night will go toward JA and, thanks to event sponsors, participating businesses and artists funds from ticket purchases will also go to JA and its community-related endeavors.