The latest Morrison keepsake Christmas ornament is here. The ornament, Morrison First United Methodist Church, is the ninth in the collection provided by Morrison Ruritan.
The church’s roots run deep in the community, with the first meeting held in August 1905. Locals responded and worked to establish the church in 1906, with the pastor coming into town via train on Saturdays to deliver the Sunday message.
Land for the building was donated by Drew King Sr., with stained glass windows provided by Lina King Paty. The first parsonage was built in 1923, and is still standing. In 1958 a chapel was constructed and dedicated as Wood Chapel, and in 1970 a new parsonage was built on church property. Later new stained glass windows were installed, and a modern fellowship hall was added in 2015.
The ornament can be purchased for $12 at Morrison City Hall, Morrison Hardware, Barber Shop, Youngblood’s Service Station, Morrison Library and at the Warren County Trustee’s office.