The 10th edition Morrison Ruritan’s keepsake Christmas ornament has just arrived – First Baptist Church.
Here’s a little history behind the ornament:
In 1950, a group of concerned Christians under the leadership of Bro. James Dotson, then pastor of Shellsford Baptist Church, began worship services in a one-room building owned by Mose Wade. This group organized a church, known then as Wilson Chapel Baptist Church, with its first services held Sept. 11, 1950 with 13 charter members.
The full collection of Morrison Ruritan Christmas ornament over the past decade includes:
1. Old Mill
2. Morrison Church of Christ
3. Old Morrison School
4. Train Depot
5. The Rogers House
6. Ed Wood Service Station
8. Barber Shop
9. Morrison First United Methodist Church
10. First Baptist Church
The ornament can be purchased for $12 at Morrison City Hall, Morrison Hardware, Barber Shop, Youngblood’s Service Station, Morrison Library and at the Warren County Trustee’s office. For more info, contact Darlene Bryant at 473-2935.