Expectant and new parents may need additional resources and Centerstone Early Childhood Services is looking to help.
Centerstone offers a collection of grant-funded services designed specifically for pregnant women, families with young children, and anyone thinking about getting pregnant. Those services are delivered primarily in the home by dedicated professionals with the goal of strengthening families physically, mentally, and emotionally.
“We offer a wide variety of services,” said Lindsey Lynn, a community health worker with Centerstone. “We are trying to get the word out about all that we offer. All parents have to do is sign up.”
The following specialized services are available through Centerstone Early Childhood Services:
• Parent Coaching: Learn activities that boost baby’s brain development and strengthen the child/ parent relationship to help children succeed in school and improve social skills
• Tobacco Free Program: Support for families to stop smoking and earn free incentives such as diapers.
• Prenatal/Postpartum Therapy: “Baby Blues” screening and therapy for mom and family
• Stress Management. Receive support, plus activities for healthy coping in times.
• Integrated Health and Wellness: Get help managing your family’s physical and mental health needs.
• Fatherhood Engagement: Dads learn how to build stronger connections with their children.
• Child-Parent Psychotherapy
• Baby Bumps: Virtual group for pregnant women.
Centerstone also offers services for children, adolescents, adults, seniors, and their families. More information about the organization can be found on its website: centerstone.org.