By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Generations residents evacuated during fire
Placeholder Image
Residents were evacuated from the Generations House on Walling Street late Thursday night when smoke began filling the assisted living facility.The source of the smoke was a ventilation system above one of the back rooms used as a break area.“It was the room they use as their smoking room,” said McMinnville Fire Chief Keith Martin. “The fire was up in the vent and was spreading smoke into the attic.”The blaze, which was dispatched shortly around 10:30 p.m., was put out in short order by firemen who were able to shoot water up into the ventilation system. Firefighters had to also cut a hole in the ceiling to finish the last remnants of the blaze.“There was limited damage,” Martin said, noting the smoke issues were limited mainly to the attic.The chief suspects the room will have to be remodeled and there may have to be some re-wiring in that area of the structure.The eight residents of the facility, which provides assisted living for those with mental disabilities, were taken to another of the facilities Generations operates in the Warren County area.

Log In To Read

Subscribe to access more great content!