Fireworks and family fun await this Fourth of July holiday in Tennessee. Live music, parades and food will be featured during Independence Day celebrations across the state.
Mark your calendars for the following state-wide Fourth of July events. Please visit tnvacation.com and click on “Events” for a complete list.
JULY 3 — Red, White and Zoo – Nashville – Kicking off Independence Day, the Nashville Zoo’s celebration will feature food, games and entertainment for all ages. Other activities include an inflatable bounce house, obstacle course, games and special docents. CONTACT: 615-833-1534, nashvillezoo.org.
JULY 3-4 — Gatlinburg’s Fourth of July Midnight Parade – Gatlinburg – Beginning at midnight and stretching more than a mile in length, more than 100 units will be showcasing elaborately decorated floats, helium balloons, marching bands, equestrian entries and a large contingent of armed services men and women. CONTACT: 800-568-4748, or eventsgatlinburg.com
JULY 4 — Anvil Shoot And Celebration – Norris - Old-fashioned celebration with musicians, craftspeople and demonstrations of old-time activities such as sassafras tea brewing, shepherding, rail splitting and more. CONTACT: Museum of Appalachia, 865-494-7680, museumofappalachia.org
• Music City July 4th: Let Freedom Sing! – Nashville - This annual event is Nashville’s largest one-day party and features live music, family activities, food and one of the nation’s best fireworks displays. The official 1 1/2 hour concert will kick off at 7 p.m. and will conclude with the South's largest fireworks show at approximately 9:30 p.m. arranged by Pyro Shows and choreographed to music by the Nashville Symphony Orchestra. CONTACT: 800-657-6910, visitmusiccity.com
• 21st Annual Patriot Festival – Pigeon Forge - Concerts, food, games and fireworks highlight this annual Independence Day celebration. CONTACT: 800-251-9100, mypigeonforge.com
• 4th of July Celebration – Adams – This annual celebration includes picnicking, family fun activities, food and firework display. CONTACT: 615-696-2687, adamstennessee.com
• July 4th Celebration at Cherokee Park – Morristown - This free, day-long musical celebration will entertain the entire family. Throughout the day, enjoy a variety of bands, children's games and activities, ending with a spectacular firework display at sundown. CONTACT: 423-581-5630, citizentribune.com
• Smokin’ the Water 4th of July Festival – Kingston - Celebrate July 4th with a parade, Miss Firecracker Pageant, drag boat races, food, live music, car show and more and ending with an exciting fireworks show. CONTACT: 865-376-5572, roanetourism.com
For the latest tourism happenings in Tennessee, visit us at tnvacation.com, facebook.com/ tnvacation, mytnstory.com or twitter.com/tnvacation/